Bare minimum requirements of XMDOFP
As decided by spifty and megneato. Cuz we are Skyping and feeling totally alone in our concerns about this sequel.
1) NO WOLVERINE.
2) Touching upon the tragedies that befell the main 4 characters during/after Cuba is a NECESSITY. We don’t care if they don’t spend the movie on it, or even more than 5 minutes on it, but if they skip forward 10 years or show Charles as being totally awesomely ok with his paralysis, Erik having no regrets/guilt about paralyzing Charles, or Raven being an instant cold-hearted bitch (the classic “lol fill in the gaps audience members!” technique), we are walking out.
3) NO SACRIFICING XMFC CHARACTERS FOR X1-3 CHARACTERS. We’d way rather learn about the “original” First Class X-Men and Brotherhood members than suffer through more Cyclops/Jean woes or have to learn for the billionth time that Wolverine has amnesia and has lived like 200 years.
4) The Brotherhood and X-Men cannot be fighting right off the bat. They chose different paths at the end of XMFC, not “when we meet again we are going to kick the shit out of each other immediately” paths.
5) Please give Magneto a better costume. Not sure we can handle 2 hours of the “kid in dad’s old clothes” look and take Fassy’s character seriously at the same time. 70 year-old Magneto had sleek and elegant style while still coming off as menacing. Surely 30-something Magneto should be no different.
6) Keep in mind that what made this film good, and what even the most savage of reviews praised, was Fassbender and James’ chemistry and character portrayal. We don’t need to see Cherik or even subtext (though we’d sure love it), but we do need the focus to remain on these two and their broken friendship, again, not on the future versions of the characters. We’ve already seen how they interact 50 years from now. We want to see how they react as fresh frenemies.
7) On that note, we get that Fassy is the Hollywood man of the moment and we absolutely adore him. So we get the desire to centralize his character. But above all other characters, please don’t shaft Charles or render him unusable as you did in ALL THREE FUCKING MOVIES BEFORE XMFC (coma/capture/death). He’s in a wheelchair but that doesn’t make him any less of a badass.
8) And one more time, because really this is the most important point of all: NO. GODDAMN. WOLVERINE.
It’s really not that much to ask for, is it?
16 Notes/ Hide
- levelthebloodyplane reblogged this from david8shead and added:
- ashagreyioy reblogged this from david8shead
- david8shead reblogged this from maibeitsmayberlline
- captainmarvelousbutt likes this
- maibeitsmayberlline reblogged this from spiftynifty
- histoire-de likes this
- fassyfaceavoythere reblogged this from megneato
- oxy-mora likes this
- teracity reblogged this from spiftynifty
- teracity likes this
- pointsofellipsis likes this
- atelier-dayz likes this
- arcanewinter reblogged this from megneato
- holybikinisbatman likes this
- moncube likes this
- moncube reblogged this from megneato
- pragnacious reblogged this from spiftynifty and added:
- pragnacious likes this
- megneato reblogged this from spiftynifty and added:
- malaptica likes this
- clawfoottub likes this
- spiftynifty posted this